NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Senior Digital Forensics Analyst to support our team in Washington, D.C.. This position is open only to candidates with an active TS/SCI security clearance and the ability to pass a CI Polygraph.
Specific Duties Include:
• Provide analytic and investigative support on Tier 2 investigations
• Perform forensic analysis on multiple computer and network platforms, such as Windows and Linux Operating Systems, mobile devices, and virtual machines
• Perform analysis of network flow data for traffic characterization and usage, recommended blocking actions, indications of system compromise and anomalous activity, indication of botnet activity, inventory and prioritization of internet threats
• Discover, analyze, and diagnose malware and other related events, infected files and network intrusions
• Analyze digital media (logs, code, phones, hard drives, memory dumps, etc.) to determine attack vector and develop mitigation techniques
• Follow industry standard forensic best practices for imaging, preserving, transporting and handling electronic data and associated physical devices
• Recommend counter measures and mitigations to malware and other Cyber related incidents; develop After Action Reports
• Develop and maintain procedural checklists in support of Digital Forensic activities
• Assist with the maintenance and readiness of the fly-away kits, storage media and forensic VM analyst images as required
• Investigate network configuration issues, malicious code activity from/to systems, and unusual port activity
• Perform research and analysis of internal and external threats: commercial reports, USCYBERCOM reports, NCTOC reports, and other DoD, DHS, IC, Federal, non-government sources
• Evaluate and report on emerging digital forensic technologies and capabilities; establish and maintain continual information pipeline in support of Customer Cyber Security strategic goals
• Create and monitor alarms and correlation rules
• Provide informal and formal technical training to the customer to include training on the tools and processes/procedures for digital forensic collections and analysis.
• Participate in digital forensic working groups, forums and meetings
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled