NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced OSR Support Technician to support our team at the Pentagon. This position is open only to candidates with an active Secret security clearance.
Specific duties include:
- One or more Knowledge Workers requiring an office move to a different building (e.g. Pentagon to Suffolk Building, Mark Center to Pentagon, etc.)
- Ten or more Knowledge Workers requiring an office move at the same time
- Moving existing equipment (workstations, copiers, printers, VTC etc.) for ten or more Knowledge Workers
- Add new network drops on an existing network for Knowledge Workers who are moving
- Establish new or activation of existing network connectivity at the location for Knowledge Workers who are moving
- Manual installation or configuration of applications on the Government approved software list for ten or more knowledge workers
- Supporting Life Cycle Refresh (LCR) and Migration clean-up activities for users not completed by the Migration Team
- Stand-up of Transition Offices, Boards/Task Forces and Presidential Commissions
- Re-imaging / replacing machines not receiving Security updates or Operating System (O/S) patches
- Able to quickly diagnosis potential network or workstation connectivity issues
- Able to work with other internal departments to resolve issues
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components.
- Technical knowledge of Apple/Mac/iPad a plus.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Clearance: Active Secret Clearance required
- Education / Years of Experience: Bachelor’s with 2-4 years of related experience, Master’s with 0-2 or High School with 8-10 years (or equivalent experience: Bachelor’s equals 6 years of experience and Master’s equals 9 years)
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level 2 compliance; Security+ preferred, as well as OS Certification.
- HDI Certification must be obtained within 90 days
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.