NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced VTC Technician to support our team in Fort Belvoir, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active TS/SCI security clearance. A CI Polygraph maybe required as well.
Specific duties include:
- Familiarity in the testing of equipment, devices, components, systems and methodologies for the DoD, including evaluation of test data is helpful.
- A demonstrated knowledge and skill to perform complex repair work on specialized; telecommunications equipment and its ancillary components.
- A demonstrated knowledge of and experience with DoD structure, doctrine, technical standards, STIGs, specifications, and IA security requirements.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of crypto equipment (KG-194 and KIV-7) to include the management and control of the classified COMSEC materials.
- Perform daily testing and preventive maintenance on VTC systems and report any faults to your supervisor
- Perform accurate record keeping for reports on each conference/meeting operated.
- Receive Tier I or II phone calls and service tickets for troubleshooting issues with VTC equipment.
- Provide technical and operational guidance and direction to the DOD customer in establishing and operating video teleconferencing systems.
- Support surge requirements (special conferences outside business hours).
- Maintain other conferencing requirements as needed (assisting end users experiencing difficulty with VTC).
- Provide inventory and equipment status tracking support.
- Assist users in setting up, reserving, scheduling, establishing, testing, troubleshooting, monitoring, and conducting IP/ISDN point-to-point and multipoint or Unclassified VTC sessions
- Validate VTC performance 30-minutes prior to the start of the session to confirm that both audio and video are functioning properly.
- Provide primary and possible after-hours support as pre-arranged with the customer.
- Clearance: Active TS/SCI clearance required with the ability to obtain a CI poly
- Years of Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience of specialized training and practical knowledge of VTC systems (Polycom, Tandberg/Cisco, and others) operations.
- Current and continuous experience in the field of telecommunications and operations in large-scale voice, video teleconferencing, secure switching, transmission, and data networks is essential.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- Certifications: IAT Level II (Security +)
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.