NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Splunk SME. This position is open only to candidates who are United States Citizens and clearable for a government clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Drive complex security focused deployment of Splunk while working side by side with personnel to solve unique issues/integrations across a variety of departments
- Work with our customers to understand their needs to facilitate the growth of our security posture and requirements
- Design and implement dashboards and reports; create rapid prototypes
- Leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk within the House
- Architect, deploy, document, and maintain integration between Splunk and external tools
- Maintain a list of system, application, and other changes and provide appropriate documentation.
- Build reports and dashboards within Splunk for INFOSEC and other departments
- Architect the generation, pulling, parsing, and directing of data from external sources into Splunk
- Monitor the health of data feeds ingested into Splunk
- Design and configure data alerting and summarization within Splunk
- Develop and maintain CIM deployment and integration within Splunk
- Provision and maintain segmented visibility in Splunk for appropriate stakeholders (system owners, etc)
- Be familiar with the concept of security tool orchestration and be willing and able to develop workflows for security tools for the purposes of integration
- Document Standard Operating Procedures when performing required duties.
- Develop other documentation as needed or requested.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Splunk architecture and best practice
- Understand methods of collection, logging, windows filtering and tuning and baselining data.
- Understanding detection methods and relevant long analysis for abnormalities, attacker pattern and behaviors
- Experience in the use of network monitoring tools with a strong understanding of network protocols
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with information technology
- professionals, and technical and non-technical users;
- Ability to perform security analysis, development and implementation of security policies, standards and guidelines
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex security problems and how it affects a customer’s business
- Ability to listen and collaborate with audiences ranging from IT administrators to executive level
- stakeholders to help deliver solutions
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively
- Clearance: Must be a United States Citizen and clearable for a government clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems Management) and minimum of three (3) years of relevant IT security related work experience
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, proposed staff should have total of five (5) or more years of IT experience.
- Years of Experience:
- 3 years with both the Unix and Windows operating systems
- 3 years in architecture, development, deployment, and administration of Splunk Enterprise in Security.
- 3 years of experience with data analysis, logging solutions, system and network monitoring, and technical consulting
- 2 years’ experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (Java, Perl, Python, .NET, PowerShell), databases and analytical tools
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- Certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is a preferred.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.