NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Senior Systems Administrator to support our team in Arlington, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active Top Secret security clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Responsible for daily administration of a complex Microsoft based enterprise server environment.
- Monitors network performance, troubleshoots more complex issues and deploys solutions.
- Use PowerShell and/or other scripting experience to automate routine tasks
- Take ownership over issues; take lead, manage, diffuse, and resolve
- Delivery of After Action Reports documenting production outages and detailing root cause analysis and action items to eliminate repeat occurrences
- Plans and implements upgrades, patches, and installation of systems/applications
- Research and provide strategic direction on use of new products/technology including: servers, operating systems, systems management, backups, storage, and onboarding of new applications
- Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge.
- Understand emerging technologies and determine appropriate use and how that best plays to the overall organizational strategy
- Share knowledge/mentor other members of the team
- Implement best practices and establish and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions
- Support the smooth transition of new applications, systems and initiatives into the production environment
- Work collaboratively with the customer and PM to ensure solutions meet customer requirements
- Strong experience/knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, DNS, DHCP, Kerberos, and Windows Authentication
- Knowledge of enterprise IT services and technologies, including networking systems and protocols, directory services, configuration management
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell
- Solid knowledge of standards, best practices and key performance metric reporting
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and promote cohesion and pride with the team
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work autonomously and respond quickly to changing priorities
- Time management skills – must be self-motivated and able to multitask
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Clearance: Top Secret is required, TS/SCI desired
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- Certifications: ITIL Certified / Network +Certified / Microsoft Technical Certifications (MCSE) / 8570 compliant – IAT Level II
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years of progressive career advancement in IT Systems and Server Operations in relevant industry sectors managing multiple and complex IT Data Centers, Systems, and IT Infrastructures
- Experience with DoD environments and STIG requirements
- Knowledge and experience using monitoring tools such as Microsoft Service Center (SCOM, SCCM, Orchestrator) and EM7
- Prior experience in enterprise consolidation
- Working knowledge of Remedy
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.