NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Network Administrator to support our team at an undisclosed location. This position is open only to candidates with an active TS/SCI security clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Demonstrates the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge in designing, planning, implementing, and possessing the highest level of performance as an expert in the system administration for computers and their complex operating systems
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends upgrades, software, hardware and other necessities for computer systems. Analyzes, diagnoses, and provides technical expertise for complex problems related to infrastructure operating systems and/or enterprise storage solutions; proposes, initiates, and implements appropriate solutions
- Versed in technology and have a strong ability to plan, organize, evaluate and redesign system designs to have them work better for the company
- Ability to lead other systems administrators to manage servers and other computer system aspects
- Establishes Network information requirements using analysis of the Network engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale networking infrastructure (CAN, MAN, WAN)
- Designs architecture to include the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces
- Ensures these Network systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the network layers, across the application program interface (API) and the external environment/software application
- Ensures that the network/transport layers of the common operating environment are compliant
- Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows and network usage, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action
- Provides daily supervision and direction to staff
- Will be responsible for monitoring What’s Up Gold
- Assist in resolving held desk incidents
- Demonstrated experience in administering, maintaining, and troubleshooting network systems to include firewalls, DNS, VPN, LAN, WLAN Cisco/Juniper products, and Windows servers
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access. In addition to experience with Visio and Remedy BMC
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Clearance: Current/Active DoD Top Secret Clearance and SCI eligible
- Education: BA/BS equivalent experience (1 ½ year of experience = 1 year of college experience) 6 years of experience = non degreed
- IAT II (Security +)
- Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Years of Experience:
- 7 years of relevant technical Network Engineering experience
- 10 years of professional experience
- Hours: core hours are 6am-6pm Monday through Friday; May be required to support holiday, nights and weekend shifts as needed
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.